In this episode we talk about monkeys, the Rick Roll, REPO: The Genetic Opera, The Abyss, monkeys, 4chan, television, Dubshack’s mind, Amanda Palmer’s belly, Stephen’s pants, monkeys and anything else that may be on our minds. Show notes might help, and they’re hiding below the break.
Feedback is welcome … email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Episode 52 Show Notes
How has 4chan changed your life?
- LOLcats, Anonymous & the Rick Roll
- Patrick makes some strange monkey analogies here
- Listener Feedback: how do internet memes compare to the works of Shakespeare? Let us know – email@example.com
TV/Movie quick rundown?
- Klaatu is an ass, and Keanu isn’t the robot
- Pushing Daisies is dead; Knight Rider still lives
- Wil Wheaton on Heroes? Not really, but Twitter made a connection.
- Tr2n is now to be called TRZ, and Crispy tests Brian on acronyms. What is the most famous acronym these days? Tell us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caprica officially picked up. BSG: The Previous Generation
- We get the obvious “Repo Man” reference out of the way, with a nod to an old Alex Cox film called “Straight to Hell” (imagine a prequel to “Pulp Fiction” co-starring Courtney Love)
- Crispy versus Brian in a organ repossession deathmatch. What did the movie do right? What went wrong?
- Rachel wants a clause written for her based on “The Abyss”
- Dubshack’s audio commentary on Harry Potter & Star Trek
- Stephen: I have the internet in my pants … on my iPhone
- Patrick: The Shat has a talk show on Bio
- Crispy: Left 4 Dead & MegaMan 9
- Brian: Bellygate! Never tell a woman she looks fat in her music video … especially if she isn’t